Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Local Photographer: Summer Kegeris

Summer Kegeris is the owner of Images by Summer K.  She has been perfecting her art of photography for several years.  She had training in the fine arts, and has taken private lessons.  Summer shot the back cover and photo of the author for the book, The People Reader.  She is an award winning photographer, mother of two and grandmother of three and now retired and enjoying her time as a full time photographer. We sat down with Summer and asked her about her amazing work and how photography impacts her life  and inspires her.



 
How long have you been a photographer?
 
I've been taking pictures for a few years now.  I never considered myself to actually be professional until I won my first national contest, and later became published on a book jacket.  Occasionally I will send weather photos to a few local TV stations, but only once was one actually used as a backdrop for the weather report.
 
 
What award did you win?
 
2012 Flickr Photo of the Year.
 

 
 
What formal training do you have?
 
 I was a fine art major in school. I have had private lessons in various mediums.  Now, I sign up for every photography class I can that fits into my schedule.
 
What inspires you?
 
Children.  They make me happy, and their innocence is inspiring.  
 
 
 
What type of photos do you like to take?
 
Children, their innocence, their sadness and their short stories, those are my favorites. But, I've never seen something yet that I've not liked to photograph.  There is a story in everything we see, most people just take it all for granted.
 

 
What types of sessions do you offer?
 
I do portraits, newborns, smash cakes, boudoir, weddings, engagements, pets, special events & seniors.  I have also done product photography for local business as well, including My Three Blessings Boutique.
 
 
 
 
What equipment do you use?
 
Canon digital DSL
 
 
 
 
If you could photograph anyone in the world, who would it be? 
 
Street people, so many stories to be told.
 
 
What feelings do you try to convey through your photos?
 
What ever I can find to pull out.
 
 
 
 
Where can we see your work?
 
My website   www.imagesbysummerk.com 
 
I have a show coming up at St. Christopher Catholic School on Nov 28th.  You can find the event at this link  Arts and Crafts Exhibition for St. Christopher
 
I will also have some of my work displayed at The Speedway Centre for the Arts.  They are doing a Holiday Boutique between Nov. 28th and Jan. 3rd.
 
 
Where can we find you on social media?  
 Facebook @ Images by Summer K

Twitter  @SKegeris

Instagram  @imagesbysummerk

Pinterest  ImagesbySummerK

All booking can be done by contacting Summer on her website. 
 
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment