Thursday, July 9, 2015

How Did This Start?

At the beginning of 2014 and shortly after we welcomed our 3rd daughter, Violet, into the world, I was heartbroken.  Heartbroken, because I had to leave my baby again and head back into the world of Corporate America to help provide for our family.  I kept expressing to my husband that I wish I could find a way to control what hours I worked and still make a decent living.  I was missing soccer games, performances and most importantly, time.

 One evening, my daughters and I decided that we were going to make tie dye t-shirts.  After a few hours and a big, fun mess we washed out our shirts and I was amazed by what we just created.  I posted the pictures of the things I did on Facebook and people were asking me to make them things!  A spark went off!   I have always been creative.  I love to make something out of nothing and to mix colors together.  I was always the one friends would call to decorate for parties or help to pick out wedding decorations.  I have an eye for beautiful, different things and am pretty handy with tools and paint.  This was one of the most entertaining things I had ever done and now people wanted to buy it! Well, why not open a shop and sell them!  So.... I DID! 

I have also always been into music festivals and craft shows as well (as a customer), so I looked into setting up a tent and getting my name out there.  Listening to music and meeting people face to face, it doesn't get much better.  My background in sales really helped me get my business off of the ground and to keep thriving.  Thanks, Corporate America for that!

Now, I set my own hours, go to all of my girl's soccer games and get to have dinner with my family every night!  I hope this inspires you to do whatever it is that you dream of.  And know that if you have that dream in your heart and some gumption, anything is possible! 

Check out my Etsy Shop at mythreeblessingsboutique.etsy.com  What more of a fitting name for a shop that allows me to stay at home with my three blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment